Visiting Teacher from Taiwan
State / Country
Texas / The United States of America
HOUSTON INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT (HISD)
Hattie Mae White Educational Support Center
4400 West 18th Street
Houston, TX 77092-8501
Teacher qualifications and teaching requirements
· Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
· Valid Texas Teacher Certificate appropriate for level and/or subject area of assignment
· Demonstrate skills as outlines in the teacher job description
HISD offers a complete benefits package that includes
· Competitive starting salary of $51,500. Higher salary steps are determined by credited years of service.
· Full medical benefits and life insurance
· Ongoing professional support and development
The following benefits are available for all Houston ISD employees: Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Care Flexible Spending Account, Life and accidental death and dismemberment, Disability, Cancer and specified diseases, Hospital indemnity, Legal Assistance, Long Term Care
Application details and deadline
Applications must be completed, no later than February 29, 2016.
Please apply by visiting the following link: http://www.applitrack.com/houstonisd/onlineapp/default.aspx?AppliTrackJobID=29780&ref=
Ms. Janie Ruiz
Sr. Manager Teacher Recruitment and Selection, Human Resources, Houston ISD
Out of Country Certification Information
An original, detailed report or course-by-course evaluation for professional licensing of all college-level credits
Must be prepared by a foreign credential review service recognized by TEA. The evaluation must be signed by an authorized representative of the evaluation service and must verify that the applicant:
Ø holds the equivalent of a bachelor's degree granted by an accredited institution of higher
- education in the United States, including the month, day, and year that the degree was
Ø has completed an educator preparation program, including a teaching practicum, and
Ø hold an appropriate educator certificate or credential issued by another country, including
- The effective date and validity period of the certificate, certification area(s), and grade level(s).
An original written statement provided by the authorized licensing agency in the issuing country
- Must state that the credential is in good standing, and has not been revoked, suspended, or sanctioned for misconduct and is not pending disciplinary or adverse action. The statement must be in the English language or must be accompanied by a translation in English from an approved credential evaluation or accredited translation service. This written statement must be current and within the last year.
Documentation of oral English language proficiency as evidenced by one of the following:
- Completion of an undergraduate or graduate degree at an institution of higher education in the United States
- Completion of an undergraduate or graduate degree at an institution of higher education outside the United States where the primary language of instruction was English
- Verification of satisfactory score on the Test of English as a Foreign Language - Internet Based Test (TOEFL-iBT). You must take all four portions (Listening, Speaking, Reading, and Writing) for your score to be calculated. Only a passing score on the Speaking portion is required at this time. The acceptable passing score on the Speaking portion is 26. To have scores submitted directly to TEA use the agency code 8225.
Materials should be mailed to: Texas Education Agency
Division of Educator Certification
1701 North Congress Ave, 5th Floor
Austin, Texas 7870
The Texas Education Agency website
Ø 類別：Taiwanese Teacher Applicants JobID: 29780
休士頓獨立學區Ms. Janie Ruiz (e-mail: email@example.com; office: 713-556-7427)
請參照上列ATTACHMENT-Out of Country Certification Information或逕洽德州教育廳網頁。