Teaching in Taiwan Program Website
The goals of the Program are to broaden English immersion experiences for Taiwanese children and to establish inter-school relationships between Taiwan and the United States. Benefits for Program teachers include round-trip airfare, a housing stipend, overtime pay, health insurance, and a monthly salary based on educational background and teaching experience. The teaching duration is one academic year; contracts may be renewed subject to agreement between teachers and schools.
All qualified applicants must meet the following criteria:
1. a native English speaker from U.S. states of Arkansas, Colorado, Kansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Missouri, Mississippi, and Texas.
2. a bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university (database for the Reference List of Foreign Universities https://www.fsedu.moe.gov.tw ), excluding those degrees which have half or more of the courses completed online or through distance/correspondence learning
3. a certified K-9 teacher
*Please note that applicants with less than one year of teaching experience will not be considered.*
All qualified applicants must:
1. be committed to abiding by the laws and regulations of Taiwan
2. have sophisticated interpersonal communication skills
3. understand and be respectful toward the local culture
4. be willing to teach in rural areas
l Required Documents
Application Form (completed, signed and dated by the applicant)
Resume (printed in ink or typed)
Three Letters of Recommendation (signed and dated by applicant’s references)
Proof of Teaching Experience (must have work situation and duration specified and be signed by former or current employers)
Transcript (required if applicant has graduated within the last two years)
Criminal History Record (obtained through the FBI)
Health Check Report (See Health Certificate for Foreign Language Teacher)
A copy of the applicant’s passport
A copy of the applicant’s diploma (highest degree obtained)
A copy of the applicant’s valid teaching license
Applicants with ALL required documentation will be invited to take part in a Skype interview.
l Teaching Video Submission
A 5-minute video of applicant’s teaching demonstration (submitted via DVD, YouTube or Google Drive link) is required upon notification.
l Application Dates
Between March1 and April 30, each year
l Application Submission
Education Division of TECO in Houston
Attn: Teaching in Taiwan
11 Greenway Plaza, Suite 2012
Houston, TX 77046
Notification of acceptance will be sent to candidates by the end of June each year. Accepted candidates are NOT automatically issued the work permit and/or the Resident Visa. For the work permit application, please visit the Ministry of Education, R.O.C. (Taiwan). For the Resident Visa application, please visit the Bureau of Consular Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, R.O.C. (Taiwan). Failure to obtain the work permit and the Resident Visa after receiving acceptance into the program could result in disqualification.
Teaching in Taiwan Program Application Procedure
News: 華裔女教師Judy Fang心得分享 鼓勵有志者赴台任教
Last update: January 15, 2019