1. Organizers: This program is sponsored by the Taiwan Ministry of Education, and the Education Division of Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in Houston will serve as a facilitator for the program.
2. Methods of Execution
(1) The Education Division of TECO in Houston invites students of schools/universities in the 8 States, i.e., Texas, Louisiana, Colorado, Oklahoma, Missouri, Kansas, Mississippi and Arkansus, to participate in the courses arranged by the sister schools/universities or provided by the language centers affiliated to Taiwan’s universities.
(2) The courses should be focused on the learning of traditional Chinese characters and Taiwan culture.
(3) The ways of subsidizing are as follows:
- Each group should have 5(+) members.
- Each group member will be subsidized US$90 weekly.
- The study period will be 4 weeks at most. Each week is counted from Monday to Friday.
- The daily attendance to the course should be no less than 3 hours.
- The subsidy will be granted in NT$, which will be requested from the Ministry of Education by the hosted schools/universities in Taiwan. The sponsored group is needed to submit the program report including photos to the hosted schools/universities as well as The Education Division of TECO within 4 weeks after the program ends.
- The Education Division of TECO in Houston will submit the applications to the Ministry of Education 2 months prior to the arrival of the group to Taiwan.