The Admission Application for the International Master’s Program of the Department of Agricultural Economics of National Taiwan University (NTU) this year has begun.
International Master’s Program of the Department of Agricultural Economics of National Taiwan University (NTU)
National Changhua University of Education opens registration for 2022 Online Chinese Language and Culture Experience Program. 📣📣📣⏱Application must be submitted by Jan 23th, 2022. For more information, please refer to the website below 👇👇👇 http://lcch.ncue.edu.tw/newsDetail/51?lang=en
The 53rd World School Children’s Art Exhibition 🎨 will be held from 📆 July 23 to August 7 2022 in Taipei, Republic of China (Taiwan).We warmly welcome works from young artists worldwide. Your participation will enrich this art exhibition and enable us to promote cross-cultural understanding among younger generation. Please click the link below for more information. 👇👇👇 http://www.kaearoc.org.tw/html/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/Call-For-Entries-53rd-World-School-Childrens-Art-Exhibition-of-Republic-of-China.pdf
由於 COVID-19 病毒持續蔓延，全美數個學區在 2022 年紛紛啟動或正研議實施遠距教學。隨著 22 個州在 2021 年擴展或創建「擇校計畫」(school choice initiatives)，現家長們有更多的選擇。
去年，全美近一半的州議會在州預算中增加「擇校計畫」之經費，或藉由通過立法，擴展或創建教育儲蓄帳戶 (Education Savings Accounts, ESAs) 或獎學金計畫，亦放寬了選擇在家自學 (home-schooling)、特許學校 (charter schools) 及私立學校經費補助之門檻。
密蘇里州 (Missouri) 創建一個 2,500 萬美元、100% 由稅收抵免支持之 ESA 計畫，依收入提供獎助，無論就讀公立、特許、遠距、私立學校或在家自學之學生，皆可申請。
阿肯色州 (Arkansas) 創建一個 2 百萬美元之稅收抵免獎學金計畫，以協助低收入學生，捐贈者可享 100% 稅收抵免；另修正獎學金計畫，以納入現役或預備役美國軍隊之子女。
堪薩斯州 (Kansas) 擴大其稅收抵免獎學金計畫並取消了部分限制性條件。
奧克拉荷馬州 (Oklahoma) 亦擴充其稅收抵免獎學金計畫，為私立學校捐贈者提供了近7倍之年度稅收抵免額。
路易斯安那州 (Louisiana) 則為入學表現不佳的公立學校學童家庭提供協助，同意其申請評分更高的學校，如果遭到所選擇的公立學校拒絕則可向法院提出訴訟；該州亦放寬了其獎學金申請資格並修正了問責制。
對此，美國兒童聯合會 (American Federation for Children) 在其「擇校勝利」 (school choice victories) 分析中表示，去年是個「美國擇校歷史性的一年」，「創紀錄數量的州通過立法，以創建、擴展或優化其擇校計畫，數10萬兒童因此受惠」。
The Center Square
COVID變種病毒Omicron於全美創下單日確診破百萬紀錄，新學期伊始，德州朗德羅克獨立學區(Round Rock ISD) Joe Lee Johnson小學校長Marc Scott於開學的前一天給家長們發送了語音留言：「因部分教師病毒檢測呈陽性反應，所以開學前幾天老師方面可能會有異動，我們正努力尋找代課老師，但正如您所知，目前本地區正面臨教師短缺，在不得已的情況下，我們將以其他員工遞補並採年級分班。」
奧斯汀獨立學區(Austin ISD)已發生校車司機不足的問題，正試圖以主管、機械維修人員或辦公室行政人員來接手該學區近350條晨間校車接駁路線；同樣校車司機不足問題亦發生在休士頓南邊的福遍獨立學區(Fort Bend ISD)，目前已有100名司機空缺，導致學童上下課延誤。
對此，奧斯汀獨立學區之教師組織—奧斯汀教育協會(Education Austin)主席Ken Zarifis表示，該學區在春季暫無啟動遠距教學打算，將鼓勵教職員工及學生配戴N95或雙層口罩，以防範Omicron病毒感染。
部分規模較小學區如在德州南端格蘭德河谷(Rio Grande Valley)靠近墨西哥邊境的Weslaco及達拉斯郡旁的Lancaster等，則先延遲一週開學後再議，將盡可能繼續提供面對面授課。
好消息是並非所有學區都面臨正常開學的難題。麥卡倫市(McAllen City)學區發言人Mark May表示，他們早已擬定一套4階段應變措施，至今仍未遭遇人手短缺等問題。
針對變種病毒Omicron，德州教育廳(Texas Education Agency, TEA)維持去(2021)年9月的健康指南，尚未發布更新版本。
THE TEXAS TRIBUNE
The purpose of the Ministry of Education (MOE) Taiwan Scholarship is to encourage outstanding American students and individuals to go study and pursue degree programs with universities or colleges in the Republic of China (Taiwan).
The MOE provides each recipient of the MOE Taiwan Scholarship with the following:
1. Tuition and fees: Upon validation of tuition and fees, the MOE will pay up to 40,000 New Taiwan Dollar (NTD) each semester for each recipient. Should the total amount of tuition and fees exceed NTD$40,000, the remainder of all costs shall be covered by the recipient. Tuition and fees do not include any of the following: administration fees, thesis advising fees, insurance premiums, accommodation, or internet access, all of which must be paid by the recipients.
2. Subsistence allowance: The MOE will provide each recipient undertaking undergraduate studies with a monthly stipend of NTD$15,000; it will provide each recipient undertaking postgraduate studies with a monthly stipend of NTD$20,000.
3. The foreign exchange rate from USD to NTD is estimated at 1 to 29. The actual exchange rate is subject to currency fluctuations.
There are seven (7) openings available for the MOE Taiwan Scholarship 2022-2023. Eligible applicants from Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma and Texas are welcome to submit applications.
Scholarship Duration and Limits
1. The maximum scholarship duration for each degree level for each recipient is as follows:
(1) Four (4) years for bachelor’s degree programs
(2) Two (2) years for master’s degree programs
(3) Four (4) years for doctoral programs
2. The total length of the scholarship duration for each recipient is limited to five (5) years in a combination of different degree levels.
3. The scholarship award period for each academic year is from September 1 to August 31 of the following year.
1. Applicants must be American nationals with a high-school diploma or post-secondary degree(s), have excellent academic records and be of good moral character.
2. Applicants are ineligible if any of the following restrictions apply:
(1) overseas Chinese students or nationals of the Republic of China (Taiwan).
(2) students who are currently registered or have obtained student status at any universities/colleges in Taiwan (graduating students pursuing further studies are exempt from this rule).
(3) students who have studied in Taiwan for the same level of degree program as the one they intend to enroll.
(4) exchange or dual/joint degree students admitted in accordance with academic cooperation agreements between local universities/colleges and foreign universities/colleges.
(5) individuals who have been recipients of the MOE Taiwan Scholarship for over a total of five (5) years.
(6) individuals who have, in the past, had their MOE Taiwan Scholarship or MOE Huayu Enrichment Scholarship (HES) revoked.
(7) recipients of any other scholarship or subsidy funded by the Taiwan government or educational institutions in Taiwan. However, this does not include preferential prices offered by universities/colleges to cover tuition and other fees exceeding this scholarship limit.
(8) Holders of the Alien Permanent Resident Certificate of the Republic of China (Taiwan).
3. Applicants should apply directly for admission within the application periods specified by each university/college.
1. Required documents:
(1) A completed Taiwan Scholarship Application Form 2022-2023;
(2) A copy of the applicant’s passport or other documents that can verify the nationality of the applicant;
(3) A copy of the certificate of the applicant’s highest degree obtained;
(4) Original academic transcripts (sealed) from the institution that the applicant obtained his/her highest degree;
(5) Proof of application for admission to universities/colleges in Taiwan (e.g. photocopies of application form(s), etc.) *The name of the school(s) and degree program(s) must be specified in those documents;
(6) A copy of the Test of Chinese as a Foreign Language (TOCFL) certificate of Level 3 or above. All-English taught programs applicants may be exempt from this requirement;
(7) Two letters of recommendation from school principals, professors, academic counselors, or supervisors;
(8) Statement of Purpose; and
(9) Terms of Agreement for the Ministry of Education Taiwan Scholarship Program (signed and dated by the applicant).
Note: The required documents will NOT be returned to applicants.
2. Submission: (*Late applications will NOT be considered for the selection):
(1) Applications must be submitted between February 1 and March 31, 2022.
(2) Application packages must be addressed to the following office and postmarked no later than March 31, 2022:
(3) Attn: Taiwan Scholarship
(4) Education Division of TECO in Houston
(5) 11 Greenway Plaza, Suite 2012
(6) Houston, TX 77046, USA
(7) All MOE Taiwan Scholarship applicants will be notified by May 31, 2022 and selected candidates must submit only one copy of an admission letter issued by one university/college to the e-mail: email@example.com, by June 30, 2022.
1. Recipients’ academic goals should reflect an interest in the development of the industry, economy, and education of Taiwan.
2. Recipients should possess an outstanding undergraduate or postgraduate Grade Point Average (GPA).
3. Priority will be given to applicants with a TOCFL certificate of Level 3 or above.
4. Applications must be completed with all the required documents attached. Incomplete applications or those missing required documents will be withdrawn from the selection process without further notice to the applicants.
5. Interviews with qualified candidates in person or via internet/telephone may be required for the final selection process.
1. The application instructions and guidelines are given in Chinese and English and, in the event of any discrepancy, the Chinese version will take precedence over the English text. For other details on the regulations for the MOE Taiwan Scholarship, please refer to the Taiwan Scholarship Program Directions, which can be downloaded at https://taiwanscholarship.moe.gov.tw/web/index.aspx .
2. For a list of universities/colleges that may give Taiwan Scholarship recipients a discount for tuition and/or miscellaneous expenses for MOE Taiwan Scholarship Recipients, please also refer to the above website, under Taiwan Scholarship and MOE Operating Guidelines Related Accessories. For more information on the Taiwan University and Program, please visit https://www.studyintaiwan.org/university .
3. Program contact:
Education Division of Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in Houston
11 Greenway Plaza, Suite 2012
Houston, TX 77046, U.S.A.
4. Taiwan Scholarship recipients are asked to submit a reflection statement to the Education Division of Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in Houston briefly overviewing their experiences upon completion of their study in Taiwan.
5. In response to continued spread of COVID-19 pandemic, all the awardees must follow entry restrictions and quarantine regulations for foreign nationals imposed by the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) and the Ministry of Education. For updated information, please visit Ministry of Foreign Affairs announcement at https://www.mofa.gov.tw/ .
- Conducted by the Education Division,
Taipei Economic and Cultural Office (TECO) in Houston
‧ Application Instructions and Guidelines for the Ministry of Education Taiwan Scholarship 2022-2023_English (Download)
Application Form 👇👇👇
1-2. The Ministry of Education Taiwan Scholarship Program Terms of Agreement (Download)